Counter-Evangelism: Home > Arguments > Morality
Arguments against hardcore Christian beliefs:
Morality and its foundations
Christian apologists often claim either (1) that it's impossible to have morality without belief in a Christian-style God or (2) that the existence of morality, even without belief in God, somehow proves the existence of a Christian-style God. Below are responses to these and similar claims.
- But What About Morality? on The Truth Shall Set You Free by Charles Kluepfel
- On The Rejection of Pascal's Wager: A Skeptic's Guide to Christianity:
- Is the Bible the Best Moral Guide? on Questioning: An Examination of Christian Belief by Merle Hertzler
- List of pages on the Biblical Errancy site
- List of pages on the Council for Secular Humanism site
- List of pages on the Secular Web (Internet Infidels) site
- List of articles about child abuse in the Church
- Morality on Set Free!
- In The Hardcore/Punk Guide to Christianity: (7) Jesus Christ!, (8) Uphold the slaughter, and (9) Wallowing in Morality
- Review of a lecture by Os Guinness by Ed T. Babinski on Skepticism and Christianity
- The Christianity/Sado-Masochism Connection on Alleee and Franc's Insolitology
- Nietzsche's Features - online copies of Nietzsche's writings
Although the above arguments are useful primarily to atheists, they can also be used by other non-Christians to show that hardcore Christian-style theism, in particular, isn't especially good at inspiring moral behavior.
Yahweh and Jesus themselves set a lousy moral example, despite Christian claims tha they are "all-Good." See Biblical cruelties and other Biblical nastiness.
See also Christendom's bloody history.