Theistic Satanism: Home > Blog network > 2007 concept > Tag eligibility sets
Theistic Satanism Blog Network, 2007 concept:
Sets of people eligible to use particular network tags
by Diane Vera
Copyright © 2007 by Devil's Domain Press. All rights reserved.
Once the blog network script is completed, there will be pages on this site containing automatically updated lists of posts with each of the following tags, a separate page for each tag:
- Theistic Satanists only (primarily spiritual topics, avoiding contentious social, ethical, economic, and political topics; comments requested from theistic Satanists only)
- Satanists and Pagans and occultists only (primarily spiritual topics, avoiding contentious social, ethical, economic, and political topics; comments requested from Satanists, Pagans, and occultists only)
- Satanisms and society (for discussion of societal and political issues, including the more contentious issues that are prohibited or discouraged under the first two tags; comment policy set by individual bloggers, usually limited to Satanists, Pagans, and occultists)
- Theistic Satanist interfaith discussion (civil and rational comments welcome from people of all religions and worldviews, including Christians and mainstream atheists; individual bloggers may elect to prohibit preachy/evangelistic comments)
- Theistic Satanism troll playground (maximally loose posting and comment policies, keeping in mind the blog hosts' terms of service and our need to avoid or minimize soap opera)
There will also be a page listing Recent posts on all member blogs, with any network tag, for those readers who prefer a single unified listing, and there will be pages listing all recent posts, with any of the five Theistic Satanism Blog Network tags, by various subsets of our bloggers.
These subsets, and their rationale will be detailed below.
Participation in the blog network, as bloggers, is not limited to theistic Satanists. Bloggers of all religions and worldviews are welcome to join, provided that they are willing to include a link back to the main Theistic Satanism Blog Network page in a side panel. However, only theistic Satanists may post using the "theistic Satanists only" tag and have their posts show up on the page for that tag. Likewise, only Satanists, Pagans, and occuliists may post using the "Satanists and Pagans and occultists only" and "Satanisms and society" tags. These and a few other restrictions on blog posts and tags will be enforced automatically by the blog network script.
Based both on both their religion/worldview and on past blogging behavior, bloggers will be classified in terms of the tags that they can use and have their posts with those tags be listed automatically on the corresponding blog network page. The blog network script will recognize the following five distinct, non-overlapping categories of bloggers:
- Well-behaved theistic Satanist bloggers, who follow our tag topicality guidelines, will be eligible to post using all five tags (whereas all other bloggers will be confined to some subset of the tags).
- Well-behaved symbolic Satanist, Pagan, and occultist bloggers, who follow our tag topicality guidelines, will be eligible to post using all tags except "Theistic Satanists only."
- Among Satanists, Pagans, and occultists, those bloggers who repeatedly post about contentious social and political matters under the "Theistic Satanists only" and/or "Satanists and Pagans and occultists only" tags will lose their eligibility to post using those tags, and will be confined (at least temporarily) to posting under the "Satanisms and society" and "Theistic Satanism troll playground" tags.
- Well-behaved bloggers of all other religions and worldviews (including Christians and mainstream atheists) will be allowed to post using the "Theistic Satanist interfaith discussion" tag, and may also post using the "Theistic Satanism troll playground" tag if they feel so inclined.
- Bloggers with a generally obnoxious attitude (but not in violation of terms of service) will be confined (at least temporarily) to "Theistic Satanism troll playground," the one tag to which all network members are allowed to post.
Blogs with flagrantly illegal content will be expelled from the network altogether.
The above nonoverlapping categories will be combined into the following overlapping sets of bloggers who are allowed, by the script, to use a given network tag:
- Bloggers who can use the tag Theistic Satanists only: Well-behaved theistic Satanist bloggers who follow our tag topicality guidelines.
- Bloggers who can use the tag Satanists and Pagans and occultists only: Well-behaved Satanist (theistic or symbolic), Pagan, and occultist bloggers who follow our tag topicality guidelines.
- Bloggers who can use the tag Satanisms and society: All Satanist, Pagan, and occultist bloggers, except ones I've deemed (at least temporarily) to be trollish.
- Bloggers who can use the tag Theistic Satanist interfaith discussion: Well-behaved bloggers of all religions and worldviews who follow our tag topicality guidelines.
- Bloggers who can use the tag Theistic Satanism troll playground: All bloggers who are allowed to be part of the network at all.
The above overlapping sets of bloggers are related as per the following Venn diagram:
The network script will display only those posts using tags that a given blogger is allowed to use.
In addition to pages with automatically updated lists of recent posts with each tag (one such page per tag), this site will also have pages with automatically updated lists of recent posts with any allowed network tag by all bloggers in the above overlapping sets, one page per set of bloggers. These pages will be displayed for the convenience of those readers who, for example, want to see a list of posts by theistic Satanists regardless of topic or comment policy.
Given our requirement that bloggers link to the Theistic Satanism Blog Network page, it is unlikely that very many fanatical Christians or dogmatic LaVeyans will be interested in joining us as bloggers. But we're likely to attract other kinds of annoying people, including (1) those whose main interest is in promoting a social or political agenda, (2) those who aren't necessarily Christian, but who insist that Satan is totally "evil," and (3) theistic/"traditional" Satanists with an obnoxious unholier-than-thou attitude. Our tag eligibility structure is designed with these likelihoods in mind.
I myself have been writing mostly about social and political matters these days, but I certainly don't want my political posts to crowd out spiritual discussion. So, the majority of my own posts will probably carry the "Satanisms and society" tag, if I give them any network tag at all. I will require other politically minded folks, of whatever persuasion, to exercise the same restraint.
For more about our rules, please see Tag topicality and other rules and guidelines.
Member forum of the Theistic Satanism Forum Network
This page was originally here.