Theistic Satanism: Home > Rituals, etc. > Pacts
Pacts with the Devil
Traditional though it may be in popular legend, the idea of a "pact with the Devil" is by no means accepted by all theistic Satanists. Those Satanists who do use this idea interpret it in a variety of different ways. Hardly any of us believe that Satan is literally interested in "buying souls." But many theistic Satanists do find some variation on the idea of a pact useful in one way or another.
- Pacts and self-initiation
- Mystery of the Allegorical Escape Clause - A Pact with the Devil by Lord Egan
- An alleged pact with Lucifer, used as evidence in the trial of Urbain Grandier, Loudoun, France, 1633, on Synagoga Satanae
- The Crossroads on Hoodoo in Theory and Practice. (Note: This article claims that the "teaching Devil" idea is derived only from African polytheism and is not part of the traditional European idea of the Devil. In fact, it's found in European lore too, e.g. in the Goetia (see About Demons) and in some of the most ancient Devil lore, The Book of Enoch.)
- Basic Self-Dedication Ritual on OFS Demonolatry. (A sensible approach to dedication rites, in my opinion. The owner of this site also ran a "Demonolatry" site in the late 1990's.)
- Making a Commitment to Satan on Joy of Satan. (Revised. In an earlier version, most of the words of the prayer were taken from LaVey's Black Mass in The Satanic Rituals. In my opinion, the Joy of Satan site encourages people to do dedication rites exceedingly prematurely. See my commentary in Pacts and self-initiation.)
- To those who did a premature dedication rite and then faltered
- Spells for summoning demons and angels and for pact-making in the Lucky Mojo Esoteric Archive. (Includes some material on the idea of a magical "pact" as used in some mostly non-Satanic contexts.)
- Writing your name in blood -- includes IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS and other practical tips.