Theistic Satanism: Home > Philosophy
Philosophy for theistic Satanists
Please note that by "philosophy," I do NOT mean what is commonly called "Satanic philosophy," e.g. LaVeyism (which, as adhered to by most LaVeyans, is really more an ideology than a philosophy). Nor do I even mean a "philosophy" (ideology) of theistic Satanism itself. By "philosophy," I simply mean the art of thinking deeply and clearly. We theistic Satanists do not need to embrace any one particular ideology, but we do need a coherent understanding of whatever we do believe and why we believe it.
I should disclaim that I am no expert on philosophy. However, I'm a philosophically-inclined person. And I've run into many Satanists who urgently need to learn how to think more deeply and clearly than they now do, both for their own sake and so that we all will be taken more seriously as a real religion. To that end, I hope we can be helped by encouraging at least a modicum of philosophical study on the part of all theistic Satanists.
- Why it's important for Satanists to think about our beliefs
- Why do Satanists need philosophy?
- Satanism and independent thought
- Can YOU refute this nonsense? Try it!
- The existence of the supernatural
- Why believe in a God or gods?
- Reasonable (though not completely rational) theism
- Coming eventually: Some comments on some of the works of various well-known philosophers, including Plato and, of course, Nietzsche.
Below are articles elsewhere here on this site which address some key philosophical issues:
- Satan and "Evil" in Christianity (and Satanism)
- An online exorcism attempt (mostly about one very strange Christian, but the sections Important lessons and Knowing a spirit's true intentions? address some important larger issues)
- Isaac Bonewits and "dualism"
Below are relevant articles on the Church of Azazel site:
- The here-and-now principle in theology
- Post-Copernican natural theology
- On gnosis, sacred texts, channeling, attaining knowledge, and the role of faith
Below are pages listing some worthwhile external websites:
Back to Diane Vera's Theistic Satanism page